Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rant for the Day... NO YOU DONT DESERVE A DISCOUNT ON EVERYTHING!!!!

Having worked retail for over a decade and dealing with aggressive and unfriendly customers who get mad because we do not offer their specific group discounts, I despise the sense of entitlement every single person who demands discounts has.

I worked for a bookstore, so we gave teacher's discounts on teaching material... which made sense...
I know some places do military discounts, good for them if they want to do that, but I wouldn't expect it... to be honest...


So recently a little cupcake shop in my town has opened up and they are pretty tasty, well made cupcakes...  
Today they posted that they give discounts to military, this is a base town so I understand... and then from out of the woodwork angry rude people start berating the new small business for not giving their specific group a discount...

talking about how they would NOT SHOP HERE AGAIN and TELL ALL THEIR FRIENDS...
just so indignant and rude and expectant....

you know what, if you cant buy a cupcake without demanding a 10% off pat on the back for doing whatever job you get paid for...then make cupcakes yourself and save the rest of the world your false sense of importance.


If I got a discount I would feel special, I would not expect it from every business I walked into.

in essence,
grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment