Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Weekend Was a Haze....

I had a weekend, if one would describe a weekend as feverishly attempting to finish reading three books and turn in two papers by midnight Sunday night and have a third paper ready by midnight Monday...

In between that, we did end up going to an Indian place to eat some pretty tasty dinner and I had a nice Indian beer new to me, but on the whole, the weekend has consisted of reading about the romantic lost cause mentality of the South, Jim Crow, and the rise of the Christian Right in American politics....

In other words, at times infuriating, at times heartbreaking, and at times...baffling...  


This weekend coming up is the Ocmulgee Indian Festival, I am very excited about that as always.

Here are our Mounds! 
I think it is pretty neat to have such a cool landmark in my area... and the festival is amazing.  Old navy had a pretty nifty sale this weekend and with a coupon for one item at 50% off I was able to snag a pretty nice button up plaid shirt, I think some of my fall fashion woes are over!






I think this with some dark skinny jeans, a gray sweater and maybe a dark blue scarf will look pretty awesome when it is not 90 degrees....

Now, back to this... 
God's Own Party
Which I have to finish and write a paper on... if I can get out of the Jerry Falwell chapter, I will be fine......The one on Billy Graham was pretty cool....but Jerry Falwell, is a no.

No comments:

Post a Comment