Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

12/16/11



I adore Neil Gaiman.  This love affair began with Sandman many many years ago and flourished into a deep respect for his storytelling abilities when it came not novels.  His style, is almost a modern fairy tale one, with grit, dirt, and reality.  You believe in these characters, even when they do the fantastical and you ache and hurt for them when they ache and hurt, or you loathe them when you are supposed to.


I enjoyed American Gods not just because of the context, or the representations that each character has, but because of Gaiman's simplistic and yet complex ability to tell a story and pull you in.
Honestly, I wouldn't start with this book.... Perhaps Neverwhere or Stardust, but you'd have to ease into American Gods once you are sure you like his writing, not all people will. 


My favorite Neil Gaiman book Anansi Boys.




What I am reading?


I downloaded a new history book on my nook color which has to do with things famous historic figures ate, who knows, may be good... it was 1.99  




This Day in History:


1653 – English InterregnumThe Protectorate – Oliver Cromwell becomes Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of EnglandScotland and Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing book. So glad you recommended this to me so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete