Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, December 29, 2011

12/29/11

The year is winding down and I know I missed a few days.  I will preface this post with the fact that I've been nasty sick the last few days and I've had nothing but hot tea with lemon and honey and a lovely variety of soups...so remembering this food is awesome.   Adam and I had a wonderful Christmas at my parent's house with good food and a good time, after that we drove up to Atlanta, Georgia to spend Christmas night and my birthday the 26th.  Let me tell you... eating on Christmas night, even in Atlanta is a task.  After hours of waiting... three to be exact at Grand China on Peachtree, we did have pretty good food.
YUM

That was Adam's spicy Shrimp, it was spicy and good...and so was my general Tso's chicken, was it 3 hours good... no.  But, it was Christmas and people were working late and hard.

The next night's Dinner was a meat festival with a great dessert.
There is lamb, filet mignon, bottom shank, fried polenta, mashed potatoes, fried plantanes and many other yummy things
Fogo De Chao was pretty good, and a ton of meat.  Though the server did find out it was my birthday and gave me this...
Birthday Creme Brulee is happy
oh yea... sooo good.

Now... through all of that, I have been sick and I have neglected my book posts, so here goes...

A vintage 1967 bio of Henry VIII
By John Bowle
Published by: Readers Union, London

looks awesome and used right??

As for myself, I am currently reading a book on the Crimean War.
The Crimean War

It is a war no one knows about, but has a lot of history and background, great book.

This day in History!!!

This year in 1170, Thomas Becket, who was the Archbishop of Canterbury, was assassinated.  



No comments:

Post a Comment