Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

12/31/11

Farewell 2011 Edition!!!!!


Adam and I are both sick on this New Year's Eve, but that doesn't ruin our last night of 2011 at all, it has been a wonderful year!!  In need of an AWESOME recap...


FIRST...
We redid the Living Room, it was our first home improvement project ever: 


It was a fun project and now I have my study where I can do school work and relax, its great and I love Adam for doing it for me.  


SECOND...
I graduated College!!!!
Stephen, Dane, and I backstage
I know I have more schooling to go, but the BA in History is the first step right??!!!
I will be honest, it was an amazing moment to graduate, it took a long time!!!  :D
If things couldn't get any better... my awesometastic husband Took me to ENGLAND!!!!!
I want to move here!
It was a trip of a lifetime and we enjoyed every minute of it.  We stayed in London, near a lovely cheese shop that we visited and ate fine cheese from.  We visited Salisbury and Bath and loved BOTH places and did the obligatory Stonehenge visit....
Don't we look so happy
I will admit, the ancient stones were sort of a let down, there is a highway in front of where we are standing lol.

If London wasn't awesome enough....
When we got home, we got Elizabeth I
Lizzie at 8 weeks old
June 2011, isn't she adorable.....  Lizzie is amazing, and we were terrified in October when she got sick and we thought we might lose her.  But, she's over the parvo and back to normal... her giant self...
Lizzie eating her oinker on New Year's Eve
So life is good...
Now on to the normal Blog....The last book of the year is a title that I think every student should read in a world history class.
a very compelling war memoir 
Storm of Steel
By: Ernst Junger
Published: 1920

This german soldier account of the Trenches of WWI is amazing and it tells you a true story of war and what war feels like in one of the most astonishing wars of the 20th century.  WWI is a war that I feel is often put in the background.  Read this book, it's amazing.  I wish it were on nook, so I could DL it, but its not.
On the nook, I am really enjoying the book on the Crimean War, I didn't know there were so many religious undertones in the war.


I know I already said read this one... But do it, READ IT!
This Day in History!!!

1759 – Arthur Guinness signs a 9,000 year lease at £45 per annum and starts brewing Guinness.

1907 – The first New Year's Eve celebration is held in Times Square (then known as Longacre Square) in New York, New York.





No comments:

Post a Comment