Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4th 2011




First off, please excuse how beat up this book looks... lol, it was a used college school book, so just imagine the abuse it has seen.
This book was an assigned read in a Native American History class I took at Macon State College and probably the book I liked the most out of that class just because of the small story that really translated into a larger problem.  The struggle to make Native Americans adapt and change to be white, which made no sense, seeing as it was destroying a culture.  The book is touching, anger inducing, and very relevant I think when it comes to how often a dominant culture seeks to eradicate another culture just because it is different.  I liked the book a lot and I appreciate my professor for assigning it.




Boarding School Seasons: American Indian Families, 1900-1940
By: Brenda J. Child
Published by: University of Nebraska Press

No comments:

Post a Comment