Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12/20/11

There is a part of me that really wants to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and be in the holiday spirit, that part of me does NOT go to work everyday.  Those who do not work in retail cannot fully comprehend how horrible the holiday season is on retail employees.  We get screamed at, we get treated like crap, we have to deal with multiple extreme situations every day and our thanks is longer hours and painful sleepless nights.  It is a stressful situation.  I think my lowpoint was having to climb under all the stalls in the women's bathroom on my hands and knees because some ignorant children who weren't being watched thought it would be funny to lock all the bathroom doors... from the inside.  So yea, that is what Christmas is like, or people calling you liars or telling you that you personally ruined their family Christmas because we didn't have some sacred gift...


Rant over...
  


For my book of the day, I have a bargain book I purchased at my old B. Dalton store because I really liked vampire stories and these are from the south so hmmm... seemed cool.


This is fluff reading at its finest...
I've never heard of any of the authors in the book, but the stories aren't horrible.
its a 2007 printing.
I read some of A Christmas Carol today, trying to get in the spirit...lol.

And today in history, on to one of my MOST favorite subjects!!!
in 1606, the Virginia Company loads three ships with settlers and sets sail to establish Jamestown, Virginia the first permanent English settlement in the Americas. (We don’t count Roanoke, everyone got owned)


No comments:

Post a Comment