Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Monday, March 30, 2015

Product Review: The Quick stitch Sewing Kit

I am not crafty, I wish I were...but it just is not innate in my brain or chemistry. Every now and again Aiden and I try to do a craft for a gift to the grandparents, but I do believe at two...his skills are on par with mine.
I also cannot sew. Unfortunately, I am not one of those moms who can just put together a costume or household Item with some thread and fabric, my normal attempts have been... depressing.

BUT... I can fix a button or a hole and so having a good sewing kit around the house is a must. I received the Quick Stitch Sewing Kit as promotion to review and here are my thoughts.


Item:  The Quick Stitch Sewing Kit

Cost: $11.95 with free shipping at Amazon.com.



Review:
The first thing I noticed with the kit is the amount of items the makers fit into a relatively small package. The kit includes a thimble, 12 different thread colors, a threader, scissors, a safety pin, a large assortment of needles, a de-seamer, measuring tape, and some spare buttons. I think the assortment of thread and needles are the most impressive addition...the thread quantity makes any sewing emergency easy to take care of without worrying about different color threads and the needle assortment proves that the kit has a needle for any job. Second, I think the packaging needs some attention. The kit is tightly put together, nothing comes loose easy, and the case is very well made...so it can be thrown in the bottom of a purse or an overnight bag without the worry of things getting loose and needles roaming free at the bottom of a dark bag abyss. 
For $12.00, the kit is more pricey than your average department store pick-up, but the function and quality of the item makes the kit worth it... one would not need to replace this kit for a long time. I have no complaints about the kit...it seems to function well and everything is of good quality.
If you need a sewing kit for emergencies, this is the one to get. PURCHASE THE KIT HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment