Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Product Review: X-Shade Folding Car Window Sunshade



Product: The X-Shade Folding Car Window Sunshade

Price: $21.99 for Two HERE 

Review:

It is getting warmer out and the sun has begun to battle the dreary cold and rain for some attention in the skies and so I signed up to review the X-Shade Folding Car Window Sunshade to see if it worked well with a toddler in the back of a car and a mother who does not like complicated car gadgets that are a problem to deal with.
The appeal of these sunshades comes with the fact that they attach to the top of the window and just go up and down with your automatic windows. I have tested this on the installed shades and this function does work without incident.

The Pros:

1. Easy to install, it took five minutes.
2. Not overly complicated to use, it just clips onto the car and adheres to the base with some 3M adhesive tape. 
3. The shade material is one solid piece and is thick enough to make sure a child is not blinded or in the sun when they are riding in the back.

The Cons:

1. The base at the bottom of the shade has an adjustable aspect that comes apart rather easy and can mess up the entire functionality of the blind. This happened to me and it took me a while to get one back together which was frustrating. I would recommend that you not try to pull the adhesive tape all the way to the edge of the shade, because the ends came apart.

2. The adhesive at the base of the shade sticks to your car, I do not know if that is going to be easy to remove and it did bother me slightly. 


Overall this is a decent product for the price and I have had no problems with it thus far. I will update if there are any issues.

(I was sent this product for free to review by the maker)

No comments:

Post a Comment