Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review: Yorkshire Tea

Full bodied, but wonderful for all day use!

Item: Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea (red)
Price: 7.91

Review:

I drink a lot of tea and coffee during the day. Having a toddler, two part-time jobs, and attempting to finish up graduate school tends to warrant a great deal of caffeine. If I have gone coffee heavy for a few days, I switch to tea for a day or two in order to have a different taste throughout the day and a milder experience. 

Today I am drinking Taylors of Harrogate's Yorkshire (Red) Tea. I was first introduced to this particular version of the tea at a local British shop and tea room and I love it. The great thing about the Yorkshire Red is that it is full bodied, but mild enough to be an all day drinking tea...one where the drinker consumes multiple cups (I am of course using the six ounce teacups when I drink tea). The tea steeps quickly and holds up well to one dot of sugar and a light amount of cream (which is a necessity for me).  Using two bags in a sixteen ounce tea infuser will get me almost three full cups of tea and tastes sublime. I honestly do not know the difference in production between Taylors and other brands, but for some reason I always come back to the Yorkshire varieties (they also do a Gold which is amazing). 

If you are looking for a medium strength all day tea that holds up to sweetener and milk, the Yorkshire Red is for you.

Check it out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment