Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life

Books, History, Food, Politics, and Life
Things through a different light...

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Store Love....

So I am just going to say this first...in order to make you understand that the following message is very bias.

I LOVE Trader Joe's. 
Part of this probably comes from the fact that my local groceries are not Trader Joe's so I do not have access to it all the time... but for what we eat in a week...it would not be a simple one stop junk food dump... I know some say it can be...and I get that (especially since we purchased the bacon white cheddar popcorn)... BUT I DIGRESS...

We go to Trader Joe's whenever we go to Atlanta and I always get 

1. a bottle of wine.
2. cheese
3. spices


But... since we had visitors this weekend and I did not do my normal weekly shopping, I will admit... I added more "normal" stuff to my cart and really looked at the prices and health vs. our usual place (which I really like btw)

If I buy in bulk...then a regular shopping center would probably be a better option, but Trader Joe's is great for a small family because it does allow for the purchase of small quantities of fresh fruits, vegetables, good meat, and dairy at a reasonable price.

My Stilton and Gouda together was eight dollars... if I would have purchased at my local store, I may have been able to get one for that price.

Pancake mix, which I use to bake a number of things... was two bucks, about the same price as my regular brand, but made with better ingredients.

A frozen pizza... four dollars, made in ital with just tomatoes, basil and mozzarella.... 

the vegetable selection was great, affordable, and in small quantities as were the meats and fruits....
I got aiden's snap pea crisps for less than two dollars, they are almost double where I shop.

Oh and Olive Oil... so we have all read the controversy about fake olive oil lately and how most of the popular brands are not real olive oil...but Trader Joe's IS, from olives grown in California... and I was able to get a giant bottle for eight dollars, it will last us months... 

So... I wish Trader Joe's was in Warner Robins, I am crushing hard on it as a place to get tasty and healthy food at a decent price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment